Saturday, September 13, 2014

Happy

Happy thing the first: I am working on my sister's Christmas socks.
Happy thing the second: I have found a way to work them that actually might let me finish them on time. (Toe-up, who knew?)
Happy thing the third: The socks fit perfectly on my cardboard cutout of my sister's foot for the Fish Lips Kiss Heel. Note to all: I have not yet successfully managed this yet. This is a first.

Now, that we're done with happy, here is the sad:

Do you see that?

Maybe now?
 Well, it's a line. On the toes side of the line, pretty cream white. On the foot side of the line, ugly greyish blackish whiteish used-to-be-creamish. What. The. Heck. No, I did not change balls of yarn. No, there were no attempts at dying this yarn. I'm thinking it might be from my black backpack, since I took this project to school, but why isn't it on the toe, then? I'm so confused, and I'm hoping this will wash out or not be noticeable to people besides me. Here's to hopin'.

3 comments:

  1. I can't see it at all. Wouldn't worry - I'm sure your sis will love em. I'm working on white lace socks...using the smallest size of needles I've ever used!! US 0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm glad you can't see the line! For some reason, I'm the only one who can... Apparently I'm freaking out over nothing. (:

      Yowzers! Those are very tiny! I've never used anything under a US 1.5, I can't imagine using needles that small. How are they turning out?

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster blog award :)

    http://keturahskorner.blogspot.com/2015/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete