Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bookses, precious.

 Hey, all! No new updates in the knitting area, except for the little fact that I've abandoned my schedule - big surprise there - and I have glued myself to my mother's socks. (Anyone just randomly stumbling upon this blog will be completely confused about that sentence. Sorry, for anyone who saw that. It's normal, I promise.) I'm over halfway finished with the second sock, and I'm hoping desperately that I'll have enough yarn. The first sock took up 36 grams of yarn, and the ball of yarn leftover had 54 grams in it, so hopefully it will all work out, but the ball is starting to look mighty small.

On an entirely unrelated note, I've finished reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Very interesting book, completely bonkers, but a fun read. It does have a few swear words in it and a few slightly inappropriate references, but all in all, it's a very good book. (If you want to read it, it's the first book in the Hitchhiker's Trilogy, which, oddly, has five books in it. That gives you a taste of the kind of humour that's in the book.)

I'm nearly done with The Return of the King, by J.R.R. Tolkien, which is the last in a trilogy that is accurately named. I've about twenty pages left to read, which is a great thing, since I'm rather tired of the story. I can't believe I'm actually saying that, but I've just drawn it out too long. I think I started the series in the beginning of July, maybe end of June, so I've been reading it for about a month, and it's beginning to be a bit boring. Only twenty pages, less than a half hour of reading, I can do it.

Then... last, but certainly not least, I just began reading Les  Miserables by Victor Hugo. I am not too far into it, I think I just finished the first chapter, but so far I love it! The Bishop of Digne, or Monseigneur Bienvenu is my favourite character. (Admittedly, he's practically the only character you see in the first chapter, but he seems lovely.)

So, I'm not knitting today, I normally rest on Sundays, so today is dedicated to finishing the Return of the King and reading at least another chapter of Les Miz. And maybe doing some Pinteresting. And definitely doing some Raveling.

2 comments: